Get immediate help finding Commercial Truck Insurance if your are setup as a LLC.
We have experienced Big Rig and Box Truck Insurance specialists at 855-820-8321. Help is available by phone or our secure quote from below.
Go ahead and send us some basic information and we’ll do the truck insurance quotes for you and discuss the most affordable option for you to move forward.
Commercial Big Rig Truck Insurance · Motor Truck General Liability · Non-Trucking Liability · Motor Truck Cargo · Trailer Interchange · Rental Reimbursement with Downtime for owner operators up to fleet size operations. We also have very fast workers compensation insurance for truckers of all types.
Truck Insurance Classification Codes And Descriptions
Insurers classify trucking companies both small and large using several coding systems.
SIC CODES: 4212 Local Trucking without Storage, 4213 Trucking, Except Local, 4214 Local Trucking with Storage
ISO General Liability Codes: 99793
NAICS CODES: 484110 General Freight Transit, Local, 484121 General Freight Transit, Long-Distance – Truckload, 484122 General Freight Transit, Long-Distance-Less than Truckload, 484220 Specialized Freight (except Used Goods) Transit, Local, 484230 Specialized Freight (except Used Goods) Transit, Long-Distance
Suggested Workers Compensation Codes: 7228, 7229, 7230, 7231, 7232.
Description for 4212: Local Trucking without Storage
Division E: Transportation, Communications, Electric, Gas, And Sanitary Services |
Major Group 42: Motor Freight Transportation And Warehousing |
Industry Group 421: Trucking And Courier Services, Except Air
4212 Local Trucking without Storage: Establishments primarily engaged in furnishing trucking or transfer services without storage for freight generally weighing more than 100 pounds, in a single municipality, contiguous municipalities, or a municipality and its suburban areas.
Carting, by truck or horse drawn wagon
Debris removal, local carting only
Draying, local: without storage
Farm to market hauling
Furniture moving, local: without storage
Garbage, local collecting and transporting: without disposal
Hauling live animals, local
Hauling, by dump truck
Local trucking, without storage
Mail carriers, bulk, contract: local
Refuse, local collecting and transporting: without disposal
Rental of trucks with drivers
Safe moving, local
Star routes, local
Truck rental for local use, with drivers
Description for 4213: Trucking, Except Local
Division E: Transportation, Communications, Electric, Gas, And Sanitary Services | Major Group 42: Motor Freight Transportation And Warehousing | Industry Group 421: Trucking And Courier Services, Except Air
4213 Trucking, Except Local: Establishments primarily engaged in furnishing “over-the-road” trucking services or trucking services and storage services, including household goods either as common carriers or under special or individual contracts or agreements, for freight generally weighing more than 100 pounds. Such operations are principally outside a single municipality, outside one group of contiguous municipalities, or outside a single municipality and its suburban areas.
Trucking rental with drivers, except for local use
Trucking, except local
Description for 4214: Local Trucking with Storage
4214 Local Trucking with Storage: Establishments primarily engaged in furnishing both trucking and storage services, including household goods, within a single municipality, contiguous municipalities, or a municipality and its suburban areas.
Furniture moving, local: combined with storage
Household goods moving, local: combined with storage
Trucking, local: combined with storage
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Information
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) – The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s primary mission is to prevent commercial motor vehicle-related fatalities and injuries.
- Safer System – The FMCSA Safety and Fitness Electronic Records (SAFER) System offers company safety data and related services to industry and the public over the Internet. Users can search FMCSA databases, register for a USDOT number, pay fines online, order company safety profiles, challenge FMCSA data using the DataQs system, access the Hazardous Material Route registry, obtain National Crash and Out of Service rates for Hazmat Permit Registration, get printable registration forms and find information about other FMCSA Information Systems.
- FMCSA Forms – All forms needed for the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- Update MCS 150 – Form MCS-150 and Instructions – Motor Carrier Identification Report.
- How does CSA work? – CSA (Compliance – Safety – Accountability) re-engineers the former enforcement and compliance process to provide a better view into how well large commercial motor vehicle carriers and drivers are complying with safety rules, and to intervene earlier with those who are not.
Congratulations on running your trucking company as a LLC. It appears to be the best way to operate considering all of the other stuff you have to deal with. We have you covered from one truck to fleets up to 40 units.